In collaboration with Earthub founder, Brittanny Belanger, our Association President, Katherine Woodward has implemented a new community recycling program. Just drop off any of the following items in one of the labelled bins outside the Corkery Community Centre door.
- Prescription pill bottles (used as medical supplies at a disaster relief organization)
- Used mascara wands (used as brushes on tiny animals at a wildlife refuge)
- Egg cartons (given to a local farmer or food bank)
- 4L plastic milk bags (used to make milk bag mats for homeless veterans)
- Aluminium pop cans (donated to Empties for Paws)
- Used/broken/single use crayons (melted down again and donated to low income communities or schools)
- Used plastic juice pouches(donated to “Eco West Enders” of Stittsville-Ottawa)
**ALL ITEMS MUST BE CLEAN PRIOR TO DONATION (pill bottles must have labels and residue removed, only mascara wands are to be donated, not the entire container).
For more information about Earthub, check out their website.